GLENDA VAUGHN'S TEXAS-STYLE CHILI
2 pounds of ground beef (can substitute ground pork,
turkey, chicken, buffalo or other meats)
1 can (15 oz.) Ranch Style® beans
1 packet (1 1/8 oz) Williams Original Chili Seasoning®
2 cans (each 4 oz) tomato sauce (or use as much as
one 14.5 oz can)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
16 oz. water
salt and pepper
- In a large stew pot or skillet, sauté chopped onions in oil until clear and slightly brown.
- Crumble and brown 2 lbs. ground beef. Drain fat, if desired.
- Stir in packet of Williams Original Chili Seasoning® until well mixed.
- Add can of Ranch Style Beans® and stir.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Stir in water, mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer at least 10 minutes, or longer.
Chili can be topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions,
hot chilies or guacamole. Be imaginative!
Yield is 8 Servings.
Left-over chili (if you ever have any!) can be served over tortilla chips with added toppings, or
on hot dogs.
Copyright © 2009 by Karen’s Kitchen™. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.
Return to Karen's Kitchen